Deployed Forces Support
Naval Station Everett's Deployed Support is a division of Morale, Welfare & Recreation. The mission of our program is to assist Sailors, Marines and their families with fitness and recreational support while in port and at sea. To accomplish this mission, Deployed Support provides a wide range of services and equipment.
Must have been deployed at least five months to be eligible. Support services are available upon return to port.
5 - 11 Month Deployment
- Ports of call contact information
- Weekly e-mail support for port visits
- Half-way party assistance
- Night before party for families to make posters and to receive briefing on how the arrival day’s events will play out
- Clowns, DJ and bounce toys available for kids
- Free food and drink provided by sister ship and/or sponsor
- Family support such as pizza/food/supplies
- Baby changing RV's (Indoor space out of the weather)
- Holding accounts established for ombudsman and family events
All afloat commands are eligible for these services - others based on availability.
- Fitness and recreation equipment repair and replacement.
- Recreation fund management training and assistance.
- Recreation fund audit assistance.
- Party and event planning support.
- Recreation information briefings.
- Weekly visits or phone calls verifying command needs.
- Change of homeport assistance (maps, phone books, area guides).
- Command, ombudsman and spouse group briefings.
- Redistribution of excess exercise equipment to shore commands.
- Fitness space design, purchase and installation support.
MWR Afloat Recreation Funds Management Training
Afloat Recreation Funds Management training is mandatory (per OPNAVINST1710.9) for Recreation Fund Custodians and Recreation Services Officers. It is recommended that Recreation Committee members attend as well to help maintain an organized program. The course teaches command representatives the proper management and operation of an Afloat Recreation program. The course includes: Navy policy, property management, financial management and recreation programming. MWR's Deployed Forces Support Division facilitates Afloat Recreation Fund Management Training regularly.