Temporary road closure of West Marine View Drive SEPT 17-26
6 Sep 2019
The City of Everett's ongoing construction of the Grand Avenue Park Bridge will require a temporary road closure of West Marine View Drive between 13th Street and 18th Street.
This will affect traffic to the base, especially for those traveling to the base from the north. There will be no access to NSE from southbound West Marine View Drive.
The closure is now scheduled to occur Tuesday, September 17 through Thursday, September 26.
The City of Everett's website provides the following details:
- West Marine View Drive (WMVD) will be closed, from 13th to 18th Streets, from Tuesday, September 17 through Thursday, September 26.
- Message signs are currently in place both directions on WMVD. As the closure nears, additional navigation signs will be placed further out in the traffic network.
- A noise variance will be in place allowing for night work from approximately September 23 through September 26.
- The bridge will be lifted to the full height in the road during the road closure. That lift is planned for September 21 unless the mega transporter is more efficient on their schedule and does that on an earlier date.
- The railroad has provided Wednesday, September 25 as the day for moving the bridge over the railroad tracks to set it onto the abutments. BNSF makes their decisions based on the needs of their freight network, and the timing of the window is subject to change depending on the railroad's needs.
- Additional updates will be provided as developments occur.
- If you have concerns about vehicle access, contact the city's traffic engineering at 425-257-8810.
For more information on the project, visit the city's website at https://everettwa.gov/1023/Grand-Avenue-Park-Bridge